VMX PULSAR is the next generation music system fit for the 34th century- An advanced music system for VoiceAttack. Whether you wish to control your own music in the guise of audio files, playlists or YouTube, Vimeo, Odyssey, LBRY, Facebook streams (audio grabbed from video) or use our superb royalty free (and legal to stream!) Music Packs, the choice is yours! All music can be assigned to in game events and triggered based on what you do in game, or you may control music manually, VMX is very flexible.
Context driven Music Packs replace E:D’s original soundtrack, they are even capable of allowing you to change instruments within a mix, don’t like vocals in the music? Remove them. Want to hear the tune in a different key? Change it! It doesn’t end there either! VMX features it’s own unique procedural audio system called ‘Audioblocks’ too. Audioblocks generate ever changing sound textures and audio soundscapes which are especially great for relaxing exploration sessions.
VMX Cloud VMX Cloud is a new feature for PULSAR. It brings true cloud audio processing to VMX with the new ‘super slow this’ command. ‘Super slow this’ slows down the music pack track by 2-300% and applies layers of audio fx to the audio giving some really interesting chilled out sounds. Don’t worry about processing affecting the performance of your gaming rig though. Processing is done completely in the cloud and the processed sound is streamed back to you (in the case of faster internet connections, a complete processed file will be sent). VMX Cloud functionally works like a regular music pack, you just issue the ‘super slow this’ command and it will work transparently just as if the music was always on your PC.
VMX isn’t a gimmicky chatterbox. VMX does what it does and does it well, with minimal fuss. As a piece of voice control software the real challenge is in making something intuitive, easy to use, yet fast and powerful with minimal GUI and minimal voice chatter. Obsidian Unity Pro (featuring both Hazel and Obsidian Ant’s voiceovers) now feature helmet style sound fx perfect for immersion in odyssey. You’ll hear radio distortion, crackles and a helmet like sound for voiceovers simulating what helmet comms might sound like in real life. Even sideband radio style pitch distortion fx may be applied to some voiceovers. You’ll just have to hear for yourself 🙂
- Can I use VMX with other profiles in VoiceAttack? Yes, of course. Pulsar works better than ever with other profiles
- Is VMX a drain on CPU/memory resources? Absolutely not. VMX Pulsar is incredibly quick and pretty memory and CPU efficient. It should run well.
- How do I use VMX Cloud? Just pick up VMX Cloud enabled Music Pack and choose the option on the product page for ‘VMX Music Pack and VMX Cloud Access’. You will be provided with a personal serial code to use the feature.
- Can I stream Music Packs? Yes, absolutely! Both Miguel and Angel’s music are licensed to you for streaming use. You are not only purchasing music packs for the music, but also the broadcasting license for your VODs and streams! This can cost £100 per track when purchasing from some companies. Licensing can be expensive and complicated. Not so with music packs.
- Why do you charge for music packs and software? I work 5-7 days a week on the VMX project, the server fees have to be paid for, both Miguel and my studio software and instruments are very expensive, we spend a lot to be able to produce top quality music. Cloud computing and traffic add to the cost as well as fast & high capacity file serving fees, website plugin and security annual costs, time spent providing email & Discord support. We also have to pay voiceover artists, audio and vocal licenses, we invest in courses for furthering both coding and music knowledge to progress our skills, plus… we also need to afford to live! Prices are as low as possible to be able to offer this unique system and lovely music to as much of the community as possible. I hope you understand.
Play everything from Internet Radio (V2) allowing you to add radio stations simply by highlighting them in your web browser (or from elsewhere) manage and play your own playlists via voice or have them play via VMX’s context sensitive system. *VMX Dark Edition comes with free mini Demo Music Pack which may be played as an album or tried in context mode.
New Auto unrar Pack install system and setup:
If like me, you hate hassle when it comes to using game utilities, then VMX 2.2 Dark Edition is for you my friend. Simply drag and drop in Music Packs in their native .rar format, fire up VoiceAttack and VMX will auto unpack, install and configure them. All you need do then is fire up the game (for context mode) or say “play music” (to treat music packs like voice controlled albums). No more unpacking files, no more “set pack” or “set voice”. Super easy, super slick.
Context driven Music Packs licensed for streaming use: Music Packs composed by Angel and Miguel Johnson, we lovingly score every single track to game putting in a LOT of effort to make the soundtrack really feel like it was destined to be the original soundtrack from the beginning.
VMX Mix Variants- Music Metamorphisis! Use voice commands to add, remove, replace instruments within a mix! Say ‘play key up’ to raise the key by 2 semi-tones or ask for ‘replace lead instrument’ and have VMX completely replace lead instrument(s) in a track, all remixed live, on the fly. A mix variant can totally turn a track on its head presenting many musical possibilities!
Insanely powerful playlists: Drag & drop your own playlists and have VMX Player auto sort them for you. Shuffle, repeat or use peek ‘previews’ of what’s in any given playlist. You can assign playlists to in game events by saying “assign playlist to docking” or “assign playlist to combat”!
Combination Mode: Use music pack tracks and your own playlists simultaneously in one mode! Any game event you have playlists assigned to will override the music pack to play your own personal playlist (you can have your playlist shuffled too), Ultimate flexibility & easy to use.
Hybrid Audio Blocks v1.1 : Dynamic Music Generation System, perhaps the dark horse of the entire system! Audio Blocks is a unique system that effectively ‘builds’ music out of small chunks of audio. Audio Blocks play something different each time you fire it up. The Exploration Pack currently supports Audioblocks.
The ideal partner for use with VR: Voice control VMX Player whilst using VR, no fiddling around required.