VMX 2.3 Pulsar Changelog (and prior versions)
VMX 2.3 PULSAR
VMX 2.3.3 Pulsar Beta – Updated June 11th 2021
- Added YouTube, Vimeo, Odysee, LBRY, Facebook, Twitter video grabbing feature “add video to use music” command is now available! Just highlight a video link and say the command and you’re done!
- Speculative fix for leaving context mode and using “play <music pack name>” command causing soft error
- Link parser, ffmpeg converter added
- Additional minor error checking code added
VMX 2.3 Pulsar 2.3.1 Beta 3 – Updated June 1st 2021
- Dynamically add in music packs and voices – A restart of VoiceAttack is no longer required after adding new packs (when the unrar process completes)
- ‘Favour latest pack’ feature has been re-activated in Pulsar after being hooked up to the new core system, it will use the latest music pack as much as it can in context mode music packs.
- ‘Include/enable variants’ now works again for cooldown mode
- Added cooldown mode compatibility with Expedition Artemis Expanded music pack
- Added cooldown and context mode status info on VMX startup
- Improved VMX startup performance a little more
- Fix for possible exceptions with VMX Cloud serial code system
- New (more mellow) intro theme
- Upgraded web connection framework for pack manifest system
- Printable cheat sheet containing many common commands can now be found in VMX_Player folder (within VoiceAttack/Sounds)
- Preventative improvement for pack manifest system to negate the possibility of soft crash
- Internet radio stations updated (Lave Radio preset has an issue which I’m looking into)
- Internet radio performance improved
VMX 2.3 Pulsar Beta 2- Updated 28th May 2021
- Odyssey events not triggering, such as taxi, onfoot etc – Fixed
- Audioblocks fails to initiate- Fixed
- Playlists failing with ‘Not set’ errors in context mode – Fixed
- Context mode’s “enable variants”- This hasn’t worked as intended for a long time, it now uses VMX’s newly re-coded core engine…. it works as originally intended now.
- Space suit mode cutting out voiceovers after calling for Audioblocks- Fixed
- “All music packs and variants” command failing – Fixed
- “all variants” and “all music packs command after a while throws up indexing errors – Fixed
- VMX after fresh installation/update sets to user music (playlists) mode, as a result throws up ‘not set errors’ – Fixed
- Context mode preferences not being loaded on VMX start causing user playlist mode to lock on – Fixed
- Incorrect flag reads on user playlist Not Assigned – Fixed
- Mix Variants Yes/No capability on startup added (shows whether a music pack has mix variants or not)
- Context mode commands changed and updated “context mode music packs” and “context mode user music” replace the old ‘soundtracks’ and ‘user playlists’ command.
- Voiceovers and voiceover compatibility updated with new Pulsar voiceovers ‘user music’, ‘combination mode’ and ‘music packs’ voiceovers added.
- Less verbose version of Artemis Suit Control commands “enable/disable helmet mode” added
- Retrieve track number, feature deprecated.
- Less verbose event list command “list user music” replaces ‘list all user music’
- Journal updated to cater for changes FDev made in their first hotpatch, workaround for loss of ‘main menu’ event being sent from the game implemented until Fdev fix the problem, VMX detects MainMenu again
- “play <music pack name>” was only setting packs and not playing – Fixed
- Printable Cheat Sheet added to help remind you of commands (it’s in VMX_Player folder in VoiceAttack/Sounds)
- Context mode music pack soundtrack RNG fixed and efficiency improved
- Corrupt/Non compatible packs wrongly attempt to play voiceover name – Fixed
- Your old music pack preference does not correctly import from VMX Dark Edition to VMX Pulsar – Fixed
- File not found and ‘out of bounds’ error with “play all music packs”- Fixed
- System searching for Formations .blok packs when “all music packs” completes several hours playing – Fixed
- Signature intro updated, now more mellow 🙂
- Using cooldown mode causes ‘Not set’ errors in context mode, music won’t play – Speculative fix in place
- Context mode and cooldown modes status not showing on VMX start – Fixed
- Setting music to ‘Combat’ event does not read out the ‘combat’ event name in voiceovers. Fixed
- Plugin crash when pack manifest server down- Patched
Release 2.3 ‘VMX PULSAR Massive Update & VMX core overhaul, the biggest ever!
- Added support for Odyssey, bringing new context events: OnFoot Combat, Taxi,SRV Combat, OnFoot Exploration.
- Brand New Playlist-> Event Grouping system, allows you to pair not just playlists, but audio files and YouTube Music streams to in game events! But that’s not all, you can now have multiple playlist->event groups so you could have one group with, say, ambient group, film music group (you can name the groups whatever you wish!) and switch between them in an instant allowing you to change all playlist->event assignments depending on your mood!
- Brand new query system for Event Grouping system, you can do some very powerful searches across your groups, how’s about “show all events from ambient group” or “show all combat assignments”, “show all active event assignments”. Perhaps you’d like to add playlists, audio or YouTube Music to multiple groups simultaneously? You can!
- VMX Cloud Variants! VMX 2.3 Pulsar for the first time ever, now offers true cloud processing of music pack tracks in the cloud! Requests are sent to the server and various FX are sprinkled on top of a 2-300% slowdown of the selected track, providing a really chillout version of any music pack music. If you are familiar with music slowed down on YouTube for chillout effect, the VMX Cloud Processing offers similar results in just a few short seconds. Don’t worry about processing dragging down your PC’s performance while gaming, all processing is handled in the cloud!
- Artemis Mode- UnityPro Voice Expansion users can now switch space suit mode on/off, this option will transfer your ship’s AI music control (Unity) to your space suite allowing you to control your music from suit, this feature changes the voice feedback sound to simulate in suit sound (with some breathing fx too!) a transfer notification sound will notify you when transferring music AI control from ship to suit.
- VMX Output compatibility with EDCoPilot, a brand new advanced E:D utility which provides UI feedback (both to app and VR environment) from VMX. Manage playlists, event groups, event assignments, see music pack information plus of course all of the functionality of EDCoPilot itself!
- Brand new pack detection and management system, much faster than before, VMX now shows the track name, artist and pack details when playing music packs.
- VMX Playlists v2, the first Playlists update since VMX launch. VMX Playlists are now ‘music and playlists’. Your own music for pairing with in game events can now be audio files, playlists and YouTube streams!
- Brand new voiceovers for VMX Pulsar
- Brand new musicpack from Miguel Johnson ‘Expedition Artemis’, Exploration Pack 2 is also in the works
- VMX Cloud activation system via personal serial code
- Your music and playlists now inform you if they are assigned to in game events
- Formations Procedural partial implementation (the successor to audioblocks) system is half ready, completion coming in a 2.3.x update
- Brand new pack update and update notification system, switched old custom system out to new Microsoft standard versioning system which keeps tighter control of versions and notifies together each update and update version details.
- VMX Performance uplift & QOL improvements:
- 200% speed improvement, yes you read that correctly, 200% speed improvement of VMX startup! Massive speed improvement of track changes for music packs and general player control
- 50-100% speed improvement for adding new .pack.rar files, unrar’ing speed performance boost
- VMX Update system overhauled, both the download and notification system overhauled. Update checking is now delayed and commences after VMX startup, thus radically improving startup performance
- Journal updated
- Massive chunks of legacy VA script thrown out and replaced with plugin functionality
- Faster pack switching
- Increased VMX playlists handling from max 50 to 99. That is, 99 playlists, audio files and YouTube streams can be added.
- Measure performance speed of event group management
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed (once and for all) voiceattack listening enable/disable sticking on/off, now works, always.
- Delayed reaction occasionally on music pack tracks change, fixed, it’s now frickin’ rapid, always!
- Unrar system overhauled, should now be more reliable in removing .rar’s, but this does depend on how your PC is set up with regards to permissions.
- Faster voice feedback
- Retired old voice control EQ system
- Optimised VMX initialisation sequence
- Reduced memory footprint
- Moved pack and voice management from VA & Plugin hybrid to purely plugin and re-worked
- Audacious player upgraded, UI enhanced and other improvements including playlist display enhancement and improved visuals
- Removed legacy journal and journal management script from VA
Release 184.108.40.206(Dec 1st 2020)
- Fixed pause/unpause function when used with playlist tracks
- Fixed Next track/previous track command occasionally causing VoiceAttack listening to set to disabled.
- Fixed VMX_Packs folder not being created on fresh install
- New music player UI, cleaner looking, improved for hi-res setups
- Player bumped up to v4
- Performance improvements when issuing new track requests/navigating between tracks
- Fix for potential error message after using auto updater spawning ‘libff-6.dll process in use’ error messages.
- Improve performance of auto update system
- Complete work on uninstaller, now works 🙂
- Auto remove old update installer temp files
- Added auto location detection for Steam VoiceAttack users
- Auto update system. Use command ‘update VMX please’ to auto download and install the latest version of VMX. Your old files will be updated, deprecated files removed etc.
- New VMX installer, for first installation a brand new .exe installer is now available in your accounts, after initial use to upgrade to VMX 2.2.7 you may then use the auto update system with ‘update VMX please’ voice command
- FIX- playlist ‘assign this to <event>’ command now fixed for your playlists
- FIX- “assign <playlist no.> to <docking/supercruise etc>” command now fixed and improved response when using the word “to”, it can now tell the difference between “2” and “to”.
- Performance improvement for when assigning playlists
- Improvement for handling interruptions between player and plugin.
- FIX-Some voiceovers were causing VoiceAttack listening to remain off instead of it auto switching back on.
- .Net framework compliance update
- Fix for ‘open the manual’, ‘open cheat sheet’ ‘show all commands’. Now works with the new website.
- Enhanced ‘favour latest pack’ command support to bias VMX to playing back the latest Music Pack (Triangulum) when not using cooldown mode (previously this was a cooldown mode exclusive feature).
- Fix Triangulum pack voice readout functionality upon newly adding the pack
- Remove legacy code from VMX Plugin
- Improved Triangulum music to event pairing vs VMX 2.2.5’s basic compatibility (better music matching to the events).
- Add Obsidian Unity Pro (Unity Pro) feature support inc voice mode switching capability
- Improvement for variant mode switch which was sometimes replaying from beginning of tracks.
- Fix for “stop music” command occasionally not err, stopping music propery.
- Cooldown mode Timed default timer fixed, now defaults to 5 minutes as intended
- BRB mode retired
- Various VMX Plugin and VA profile tidy ups, removal of legacy code/script
Release 2.2.4 (19/6/20)
- OBS Integration: VMX now outputs track information such as track and artist name, context mode status (inc. cooldown mode info). VMX will integrate with most broadcast software. See knowledgebase article here for instructions on how to use https://darknebula.cloud/2019/09/02/outputting-track-data-to-obs/
- Fix for “stop music” voice confirmation cutting out when calling to stop music
- Improvement for Music Packs/Voice Expansion updating, rather than having to delete older existing versions of packs prior to adding in the new .pack.rar to VMX_PACKS folder, you now only ever need to drag in the new version as if it were a new pack being added for the first time. VMX will detect that you intend to update the pack and will safely update it for you. See knowledgebase https://darknebula.cloud/2019/09/02/how-to-install-music-packs-voice-expansions-with-new-dark-edition-system/
- VMX will notify upon successful pack update by stating *UPDATED* in the log startup next to the pack that was updated.
- Auto cleanup of old pack files on VMX exit.
- Audioblocks automatically disables context mode and notifies you. You no longer need to disable context mode manually beforehand.
- Improvement for Audioblocks system: Tighter block transitions and improved stepping
- Update VMX initialisation audio to reflect Dark Nebula
- Implement Triangulum support
- Various minor bug fixes
Release 2.2.3 (6/12/19)
- Support for Citizen of the Stars Music Pack added
- “Show playlist” command added- Displays the contents of a given playlist i.e “Show playlist 3” will display the track listing & additional info in the VA log. See updated knowledgebase article here
- “Go to track” i.e “Go to track 8” can be used in conjunction with “show playlist” allowing you to display the contents of a playlist then request a track number from the list with “go to track” and play it. E.g “Show playlist 1” “go to track 8” will play track 8 of playlist 1. Updated knowledgebase article here
- VMX_Packs location moved to Windows default Music folder. You will see ‘VMX_Packs’ contained within there along with your playlists folder. See updated knowledgebase article by clicking here
- Decompressor error handling bug squished. Caused a naughty hard error when faced with corrupt .rar archives for a small number of users
- “Peek playlist” command enhanced- now not only plays a portion of audio from the specified playlist but also lists playlist tracklist contents as “show playlist” does. i.e “peek playlist 3”. Knowledgebase info here
- Fixes for audio feedback cut outs when using Unity
Release 2.2.2 (31/10/19)
- Final improvements for Miguel’s Explorers Pack in context mode
- Authorisation enabled for new Elements Music Pack
Release 2.2.1 (26/10/19)
- Improve performance of voice feedback & alert beep response
- Fix for ‘Docking’ event for user playlists/combination mode
- Fix for ‘Exploration’ event playlists/combination mode
- Improvement for ‘Alien Encounter’ playlist event
- Numerous VA script tidy ups
- QoL- Stop Music command no longer auto disables context mode, it now stops music, but new tracks will be activated upon new event triggering. Disable context mode or changing play mode will disable context mode. Sounds logical doesn’t it? 🙂
- Bug fix for cooldown mode, legacy basic cooldown system cache became bugged with the presence of the new cooldown system. Spawning in non station locations exposed an empty cache bug which produced ‘playerResponse’ errors.
- Bug fix- context mode refused to re-engage after auto disengaging. Now it works 🙂
- Bug fix- Music core trigger system tweaks and fixes
- Bug fix- Miguel’s The Explorers Music Pack was not playing in all of the required scenarios. Fixed.
VMX 2.2 Dark Edition bugs fixed in BETA 4:
- Implemented new server credentials for VMX update notification system (brings it into line with music packs and voice expansion update system)
- Updated TTS voice responses in line with darknebula
- Textual changes, corrections etc in plugin and profile to darknebula
- TTS readout speed change on some commands-fixed
- Context mode not correctly disengaging when switching to internet radio etc-fixed
- Update for compatibility with new darknebula server (fixes MOTD and update notifications)
- Initialisation tweaks
VMX 2.2 Dark Edition highlight features:
New Cooldown mode meaning in context mode tracks will be queued and allowed to complete before moving on to the next one. Entirely new pack detection and management system, setting up VMX is now easier than ever! You can now drag and drop music packs and voices in their native .rar format and VMX’s decompressor will unpack, arrange and auto configure your packs for you! No more “set pack xyz”.
Direct2Pack means you can simply say “play trade pack” or “play exploration pack” and the pack will be auto set and commence playing.
More control over mix variants and play choices between packs. Now you can say “play all music packs” or “play all variants and music packs” and hear different tracks from different packs and with ever changing variants! Extremely powerful track access now possible!
Audioblocks available always! No more need to set the Exploration Pack in order to hear procedural audioblocks
Better behaviour when running VMX as secondary profile.
Ability to configure with new GUI dialogues locations for your playlists, music packs and voices! Simply enter a new location anywhere on your PC and VMX will use it as your packs directory. No more being tied to your Windows VoiceAttack/Sounds folder!
A raft of bug fixes including a fix for the dreaded limitation of having to install VMX to a Windows partition or requiring use of aliasing to make VMX run in other locations. Finally squished that pita bug!
Brand new internet radio system! VMX now auto manages your stations, allocates slots for them. Adding new radio stations is as simple as highlighting a station URL, copying to Windows’ clipboard and saying “add this radio preset” boom, you’re done.
Additional game event detection to assign playlists to, playlists too can be queued allowing tracks to finish before moving onto the next!
The full changelog for VMX 2.2 Dark Edition:
- New component management system (installs and maintains individual VMX components) saves your VMX and pack preferences so that even after an update or temporary VoiceAttack uninstall your VMX settings will be preserved.
- New built in decompressor, no more having to run unrar archives. Simply locate the new VMX_Packs folder in VoiceAttack/Sounds (or your own configured new location) and drag and drop in any music packs or voices there
- Cooldown system Enqueue- queues tracks up for you in context mode, allowing tracks to finish playing before moving onto the next. Hear all the tracks in full, as they were meant to be heard, no more needing to switch to album(variant) mode to hear all the tracks
- Cooldown system Timer- Set a variable timer to force VMX context mode to hold off processing any more in game events for a specific amount of time, handy if you just want to make sure certain tracks keep playing for x amount of time
- “favour the latest music pack”- Added a new Music Pack recently and want to hear it more often than the older packs in context mode? Use this baby to push VMX to favour using your newly added pack above the older ones (where possible)
- Internet radio system V2- Add stations from your web browser! Go find those puppies, highlight the station’s URL and say “add new radio station”. VMX will auto insert it to a preset(automagically created for you) and read back the preset name (you can also name presets yourself).
- Direct2Pack-“play all music packs” or “play all variants and music packs” or perhaps play random tracks AND variants AND music packs. It’s your choice. The all new dynamic Music Pack system will handle it all with ease!
- New configuration GUI dialogues. Enter your own custom locations for playlists, music packs and voice.
- New pack library information, after startup, displays all your available packs, versions, brief info about the pack and what the latest version on the server is for each pack.
- New VMX logic system, monitors the order of your command actions and if false positive voice requests are detected by VoiceAttack, if VMX feels the request does not make sense, it will be discarded. Significantly reduces the chance of false command pickups.
- Setting volume slider in GUI now reflected (and saved) within VMX itself.
- Auto Music Pack & Voice set up. No more need to say “set voice Unity” she’s now always auto set for you. New to VMX? No more need to say “set trade pack” etc either. On new install new packs will be set for you. You can change packs by simply saying “play trade pack” for example.
- VERY rapid startup and much improved response time to commands
- New voice responses for new features and improvements for older improved features
- Path configurations and other settings preserved after updating VMX or even VoiceAttack
- Very flexible possibility to install VMX to wherever you like, no longer tied to Windows partitions
- New update system
- Context mode now always auto detects Elite: Dangerous and waits for the game to start.
- New and improved alert beeps (they really do sound fab!)
- Reset VMX command deprecated, profile wizard deprecated, VMX hand-off mode deprecated
- TTS auto set if you don’t have Unity Voice Expansions
- Player GUI behaves better in higher resolutions
- Massive reduction in VMX profile size and load time
- Morgan intro sound is back (by popular demand!)
- Amiga MOD and SID soundfiles now supported!
- Playlist handling count now increased to 50.
- Current track and status info gives more info to reflect some of the new features
- New music pack support for Triangulum and Angel Elements Packs (plus ‘other’ things coming soon)
- Pack management system overhauled, VMX now understands pack characteristics and capabilities no longer relying on config files or clunky VA script.
- MOTD fixed, changes made by site host broke the system. A fix both server and client side implemented.
- Dreaded player bug stopping VMX’s player from running outside Windows program files(x86) location fixed
- Peek playlist command bug fix
- BRB mode fixes
- Update notification system fixed
- Audioblocks Engine2 fix- wasn’t recognising all blocks.
- Play all variants in context mode was not actually playing all variants, it now works properly and does
- Journal was sometimes holding up VMX startup- fixed
- Journal caused exception when Elite: Dangerous was not installed- fixed